Monday, October 3, 2016

Trust Your Instincts

This last week I've been trying to decide between a couple of ideas I have.  I realized that in making decisions I always ask several people what they think. While this may be a good idea at times, I've decided something.  I think most of the time you have to listen to your heart.  Don't ask anybody what they think.  Do what seems right to you.  I have been swayed so many times to abandon an idea or change it because of someone else's opinion.  When really I have great ideas and intuition.

Also, don't be influenced by others comments about your passions or projects.  They are seeing things through their eyes, not yours.  What may seem silly or a waste of time to them, may be exactly what you need to do.  No one has the right to judge what is right for you.

This is a hard habit to break.  Tune into when someone is raining on your parade.  Pay attention to negative vibes someone is giving you about your idea or plan.  Of course feedback is helpful at times, but trust your own instincts.  Be confident with what ideas come to you.

Be aware of when you are doing the same thing to others.  Be positive and encouraging, even if you think they are off track.  They will figure it out on their own.  I think we all need to support each other in our differences and celebrate them, instead of trying to squash them.

No comments:

Post a Comment